Darkness to Light’s Stewards of Children Summer 2017 training session
Date: Sept. 13, 2017
Time: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
Where: Algiers Regional Library, 3014 Holiday Drive, New Orleans, LA 70131
To register, please contact Ramona Graham (504) 620-5895 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Darkness to Light’s Stewards of Children Training is the only nationally available program scientifically proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes and change child-protective behaviors. This revolutionary program is for any responsible adult who cares about the welfare of children. It is also appropriate for youth-serving organizations (sports leagues, day care centers, after school programs, children’s clubs, church groups and more).
CASA Jefferson is very proud to be able to offer this training to the community. We offer both public training classes and training for companies and organizations. For more information about scheduling or attending a training, please email email@example.com or call (504) 533-8757.
Who Uses the Program?
Darkness to Light is for all adults who want to protect children. It is used by individuals, organizations, businesses, and corporations who:
- Seek training for staff and volunteers to prevent child sexual abuse.
- Look to enhance child protection policies and procedures or respond to insurance requirements.
- Want to lead a community-based initiative and offer prevention training to the community.
What Topics are covered in Stewards of Children?
- Facts about child sexual abuse.
- Examples of how child sexual abuse may occur.
- Provides simple and effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse.
- Importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults.
- Provides signs of sexual abuse so that you may intervene and be able to react responsibly.
What Outcomes Can Be Expected After Training?
- Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
- New skills for adults to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
- Proactive, positive change to organizational policies and procedures
- Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan.Darkness to Light is typically a 2 hour training session. In just 2 hours, you’ll have the information you need to better protect every child you know. Please become a Steward of children.
- CASA Jefferson is very proud to be able to offer this training to the community. We offer both public training classes and training for companies and organizations. For more information about scheduling or attending a training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (504) 533-8757.
How Long Does the Program Take to Complete?
Stewards of Children typically takes about 2.5 – 3 hours. Think about it — in just 2.5 hours, you’ll have the information you need to better protect every child you know. Call today!